Copp Farm Supply

            The year 1947 was a year of beginnings for the Harold and Miriam Copp Family.  Miriam and Harold began both a marriage and the business of Copp Farm Supply.  The subsequent years would lead to both a growing family of five children and numerous farm and farm supply endeavors.   In 1957 the family moved to the Wilkswood Stock Farm in Columbia City, IN.   The Peadbody farm, as many had called it, was rich in history.  Deeded originally by President Arthur, the property was at one time part of the Indian Beaver Reserve. In the late 1800’s and early 1900’s, the farm was owned and operated by S.J. Peabody, a lumberman, whose reputation became world wide as a supplier of fine hardwood lumber.   The current Holmes Lumber Company was originally started by Mr. Peabody.  It was during this time that the property was turned into a horse farm complete with race track, grandstand, multiple supporting structures as well as reportedly, the first concrete swimming pool in the state. Wilkswood, who was a world champion trotter, was the horse for whom the farm was named.  The original sign, now owned by Dale and Jean Shively, hangs in the restored mare barn that the Copp Family call Change of Heart.

      

Mike
Phone: 
(260) 244-6465
(260) 244-2989
Dealers
Lawn and Garden Equipment
New and Used Farm Equipment
Equipment Dealer Categories: 
Country Clipper
Great Plains
Hardi
Parker
Dealer Equipment Type: 
New
Used