BRP Recalls All-terrain Vehicles Due To Fuel Leak And Fire Hazard (Recall Alert)
• Name of product: 2018 Can-Am Outlander and Renegade all-terrain vehicles (ATVs)
• Hazard: Fuel can spray from the fuel tank when opening the gas cap, posing a fuel leak and fire hazard.
• Remedy: Repair
• Recall date: June 29, 2018
• Units: About 13,300
Consumer Contact: BRP toll-free at 888-272-9222 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET Monday through Sunday or online at www.can-am.brp.com and click on "Owner Center" and then "Safety" for more information.
This recall involves model year 2018 Can-Am Outlander and Renegade all-terrain vehicles sold in a variety of colors. Can-Am and the model name are printed on the side panels of the vehicles. The vehicle identification number (VIN) is printed on the frame under the seat in the middle and on the frame behind the right front wheel. The following models are included in the recall.
• Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled vehicles and contact a BRP Can-Am ATV dealer for a free repair. BRP is contacting all known purchasers directly.
• Incidents/Injuries: The firm has received six reports of fuel spraying out of the fuel tank. No injuries or fires have been reported.
• Sold At: Can-Am dealers nationwide from June 2017 through June 2018 for between $6,000 and $16,500.
• Importer(s): BRP U.S. Inc., of Sturtevant, Wis
• Manufactured In: Mexico
• Recall number: 18-750
CAN-AM - BRP
888.272.9222 // www.can-am.brp.com